Pages

14 May 2012

zakka style and modern minimal

are you doing the zakka style sew along ?

Zakka Style Sew Along

I decided to join in a few weeks ago so ordered the book and it was waiting on the doorstep when I got home from Brisbane yesterday.  It has some cute projects in it and as the sew along is going until September I figure I'll have time to get some of them done!


I had fun in Brisbane catching up with the family and on Saturday night we went to the autumn salvage garden exhibition opening night at reverse garbage - the items at the exhibition were wonderful and I bought a gorgeous pouch - don't you just love the fabric.


reverse garbage has some great "stuff" that would otherwise be thrown out by companies and they sell it to the public - I'd have some fun if I lived here - there are some amazing items for sale and I picked up a magnet sheet - my sister wondered what I'd bought it for and of course I knew it would come in handy "one day" - but it wasn't until I opened zakka style last night that I realised "one day" had arrived ! the wonderful Nova from a cuppa and a catchup has an itty bitty magnet project

and of course as I have the magnet sheet I got right into it today and made some cute itty bitty magnets with some little scraps :)


my cousin is a saint kilda fan (an aussie rules football team whose colours are red, black, and white) so I just had to make a couple for her as she is coming to visit for a week this weekend!  I'll give the other two to mum - she loves fridge magnets!

another fabulous book arrived just before I went to Brisbane last week - Modern Minimal by Alissa Haight Carlton


so I had a good look through that over the weekend - wow - there are some fabulous quilts in this book - can't wait to try a few - hot spot will be the first one I try...


followed closely by cluster (but maybe a smaller size) !


if you like these books, you might want to keep an eye out later this month as its Pippi's birthday and she might be sharing some presents with my followers - just saying !

2 comments:

thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment ♥